- Toni Koch aka TK Promotions / Pitch-A-Song is an 80's music pioneer for underground guerrilla marketing techniques for retail outlets as well as street team coordination, online promotion/branding for indie artist development. Toni is known for her creative results in "getting the word out" to gain exposure and appeal for her clients. She has worked as an independent promotion consultant or executive administrator with Evening Star Productions later called Clear Channel Entertainment, KABC/KLOS Radio as an Exec Admin and Interim Facility Manager for Electronic Arts. In the 80's and 90's Toni worked with the club scene for major record labels (CBS/Columbia/Epic Records, Warner Bros., MCA, RCA, etc.) to break out emerging artists including Sarah MacLachlan, Pat Benatar, Tina Turner, K.D. Lang, Bonnie Raitt, Melissa Etheridge, The Hooters, Men at Work, Midnight Oil, Berlin, The Tap Dogs, The Eurhythmics, Bangles, Chrissie Hynde & the Pretenders plus many more indie songwriters. In 1985 she was awarded "Indie Promoter of the Year" in Phoenix by Soundboard magazine and in 1986 Toni received a platinum record from Columbia Records for club and radio promotion of the song "And We Danced" by The Hooters (Eric Bazilian and Rob Hyman.) In 1997 Toni was awarded an original lithograph of the "Lilith Fair" logo as one of only 18 promoters in the U.S. for her promotional support of the first ever women's music oriented tour. Toni was awarded "Indie Manager of the Year in 2003" by the Indie Music Conference (IMC) in Philadelphia for consistent work done in gaining exposure for songwriters in the U.S. with indie artist showcases, booking and touring across North America to create a buzz and helping to build a strong network among many cities and venues. Based in Los Angeles, CA and Phoenix, AZ, Toni still works with emerging songwriters and composers to secure "placement" for their music with "Pitch-A-Song", an ongoing series of international panel presentations designed in an effort to provide music makers a vehicle to expose their songwriting to professionals in the new music business. An advocate for the artist or author or entrepreneur, she will continue to blaze trails for increasing revenue streams for those who work with her. Toni is currently organizing a team of other social media friends to assist in the Marketing/PR for COSMO, the Coalition of Songwriters & Music Organizations, www.cosmocoalition.org and is grateful for a full life being surrounded by art, music and such talented, generous people.
Our COSMO mission is to act on behalf of our community nonprofit and education-based member organizations as well as on behalf of independent music producers and publishing artists, to promote awareness, recognize achievement and to represent, support and assist in the success of our music community..
click to read the rest of our mission.
Help Cosmo Support You
by supporting Cosmo.
Consider a donation using the button below.
- Remembering Zen Boogie bandleader and songwriter, Robert Linden, Music Exec at CBS, passes away
- Kulak’s Woodshed welcomes “Friends of John Braheny”, this Sun. May 5, 6pm – 10pm in North Hollywood, CA
- AIMP.org Presents: MUSIC LICENSING: A Brave New World, Thurs. May 16, register now!
- JUDY LAMPPU: JUDYISM #6 – POLISHING A DIAMOND
- Made in the Valley: Entrepreneurs Renee Shatanoff & Robin Kellogg share creative & unique ways to revamp your business, Tues. May 21, 2013